The Egyptian Process Safety Management (PSM) Steering Committee hosted a webinar sponsored by Methanex Egypt titled “Modernizing Process Safety Management: From Vision to Reality.” The webinar was led by the Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources H.E. Tarek El Molla on Monday, 1 February 2021.
The webinar keynote speakers included:
- H.E. Engineer Tarek El Molla, The Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources
- Abed Ezz El-Regal, The Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) CEO
- Saad Helal, The Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM) Chairman
- Mohamed Shindy, Methanex Egypt Managing Director
- Gamal Fathy Mohamed, The Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) HSE Chairman Assistant
- Salah El Din Riad, The Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM) Q&HSE Chairman Assistant
- Emad Kilany, The Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company OHS & Fire Fighting Technical Studies General Manager
- Mourad Maged Hassan, Methanex Egypt Responsible Care (QHSE & PSM) Manager
- Mohamed Fouad, Egypt Oil & Gas Managing Director and Partner
The webinar showcased the journey leading up to the formation of the committee, following the partnership between ECHEM and Methanex Egypt to introduce PSM through two successful conferences in 2018 and 2019. The speakers also introduced the three-year PSM roadmap for safer processes within the Egyptian oil, gas, and petrochemical sectors, and provided an update on the progress delivered during a challenging year in 2020. The formation of the Technical Sub-committee was highlighted, which utilized the drive of the capacity building of the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resource’s Modernization Program coupled with the expertise of steering committee members. The webinar also presented the recent and newly launched website – www.PSMEgypt.com – providing the sector with credible and consistent information about PSM and a forum for country-wide discussions about the topic.